Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Of Quiche and Good Times


It's not true that I MADE this quiche, well at least not entirely. All I did was prepare the shortcrust pastry and laid it onto the pie pan. The custard and filling were prepared by Gina and that was what gave flavour to the whole dish. She made it look so easy or perhaps I had not bothered to find out previously.

I had tasted quiche but don't remember liking what I had tasted. So I never bothered to look up recipes for quiche. This was one of the dish presented at the first Hi Tea Buffet held by Kitchen Capers and Chef's Secrets Cooking Studio.

When I knew that Gina and Amy, co-owner of Chef's Secrets, were going to prepare and cook a day before the buffet, I volunteered to help. I had been taking a break from baking for too long and thought this would end the drought of not baking. It sure did!

I rubbed butter into flour and kneaded till it was pliable. Without guidance from the two teachers, I would not have learnt one important thing. The crust which I made previously were too dry! That explained why I was unable to roll the dough, even after chilling it for 30 minutes! Now I know...

Below is a picture of some of the food served, just a few of the many yummy items served.

4 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Woah! I'm salivating liao! I've been missing that those good foods! OMG! :( Regrets...regrets! Hope you girls had a great time! *yummy*yummy*
Hey Yuri, you haven't been baking for a long long leh! I've been long waiting...

Yuri said...

Hey J, it was fun and food was delicious too! Yes, trying to get engine started :P

Gina Choong said...

adeline, I anyhow stir the cream mah! :) Thanks for all the help. Next year's buffet, I choped you first!

Yuri said...

Hey Gina, no problem! Thanks for the opportunity and guidance too :D