Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yogurt Biscuits


This is an interesting recipe and since I have yogurt to finish up, why not? But I really don't like the taste of this yogurt after the chocolate ice-cream. I thought hard about what to add to give some flavour to the yogurt. I found a bottle of Heinz apple & mango sauce, which I bought as standby for baking cakes.

I first came across it on Kitchen Capers when Precious Moments posted her daily bake. The biscuits looked very fluffy and cute, which was what attracted me. Besides, I have been curious to find out what these western biscuits (actually quite bread-like) tasted like. My girl was also interested in helping as she loves to roll and cut the dough with cookie cutters.

I tried to be smart and bought many XL eggs. I had used 2 for this bake and the dough was simply too wet. The apple & mango sauce further contributed to the liquid and I could have added another cup of flour to the original recipe just to get the right consistency for the dough!

Yogurt Biscuits

Ingredients
3 cups plain flour
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsps baking powder

Method
Soften the butter and mix in yogurt (done manually with spatula).
Sift in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Knead briefly and turn onto a lightly flour surface.
Roll out the dough into 1cm thick sheet. Cut using cookies biscuits.
Bake in pre-heated oven of 180 deg C for 15 mins, or till biscuits turn slightly brown.
Best served warm.

Adapted from: My Kitchen

2 comments:

Edith said...

sad to hear that your attempt at this recipe failed. Do try it again with your favourite yoghurt. My daughter loves it.

Yuri said...

Hello Precious Moments! Well, it didn't exactly fail, just had to add more flour and it was a good experience. My dd loves it, so did my sis in law (who has tastebuds like kids). Just that these taste better after toasting and dd doesn't bother to toast them... :)