Saturday, May 17, 2008

No Bake Cheesecake


This is one good looking cheesecake, definitely one to bring to a party or to delight guests. It is also relatively easy to make. It's been so long since I tried making no-bake cheesecake. Lately, the availablity of passionfruits is so inviting and many bloggers have used this exotic fruit.

The recipe is available at Kitchen Capers, a forum where wonderful recipes reside. The original recipe calls for ginger biscuits to be used as crust. I took the easy way out and used a ready made short crust. Big mistake, as the crust could not hold the cream cheese layer.

I also made a healthy change to the recipe, not so much because I wanted to. I didn't have any sour cream last night, so I used the cup of natural yogurt found in my fridge. I bought some really fragrant mangoes as well and the whole combination worked excellently.

I served it at a family gathering this evening. The ladies gave very good reviews of it, with some asking for the recipe. I felt that this is an easy way to dress up the ordinary marshmellow cake. Simply add a layer of thinly sliced managoes and topped with passionfruit pulp. To make the pulp stay, these could be added to some jelly or gelatine. I will definitely try to perfect this as I really love the end result. Tastes delicious too!

2 comments:

Rei said...

Looks great! Now I really want to try a slice. :D

Yuri said...

hey rei! thanks for dropping by, the cheesecake is really rich and yummy! will definitely dazzle to cheesecake lovers :)