Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Special Day


I thought about it for the longest time -- what to bake for such a special day? Afterall, it's our 15th wedding anniversary. It's really an ahcievement, when I think of the number 15, it does sound BIG. But the years passed almost like a blink of an eye. Afterall the kiddos are 13 and 10 this year. Boy, I feel so old ...

Back to the bake. After all these baking from November 2007, there wasn't one item that hubs enjoyed as much the Banana Cake. He even asked me to bake one for his colleague a few months back. So, I baked us this cake. However, I must have used too many bananas as the cake turned out to be very densed. Not crumbly as my previous attempts.

We took the day off to chill, his work is so stressful and the hours are long. He easily clocks 60 hours a week. We went to Vivocity for lunch at Sushi Tei. We spent some time walking about Vivocity and made our way home. That was what we did to "celebrate" our 15th wedding anniversary.

4 comments:

KWF said...

Happy anniversary! Nice cake there! :)

Yuri said...

xie xie ni, wf :)

Gina Choong said...

adeline, 15 years of bliss! if you think you are old, you are old indeed. Comparatively, I am even older !! :( 19 years of bliss by Nov 2008..my girl is already 2nd year Poly. At least you can bake a cake and he will eat it. Mine, will want mee sua soup with egg! Happy Anniversary, and many more blissful years to come!

Yuri said...

Thanks gina. Yes, I'm as old as I think/feel... he ate it, yes, grudingly... and only one piece. He doesn't understand why I have to bake when these are readily available omg