Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lemon Melts


Don't these look great? I love the shape so much but the dough wasn't very cooperative. After I had used up almost 80% (after filling one big pizza pan), they just refused to form nicely. Perhaps I had pressed too hard and after banging a few times, the cookie broke. I had to use a polvoron plunger to mould the remaining dough. They are that soft.

I was keen to experiment with other flavours after the very successful (for me) cookie I had named Keropok Cookie. I toyed with the idea of adding lemon zest as well as ground almond. Finally, I had the chance to play with lemon flavour today.

I really like the aroma of lemon, especially when these were baking in the oven. What I like about this recipe is that it doesn't use any butter nor eggs! It's really healthy and good for people who are lactose intolerant too. May be I should try using orange zest next...

2 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Yuri,
The shape is very pretty. How did you do that? How about citrus melts? A combi of lemon & orange? :p I would love to try your orange melts... Sounds very good! ;)

Yuri said...

Hey J, I thought of adding orange zest too but wanted to play it safe for first attempt. Call me when you are nearby?