Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Scrumptious!

My girl has been asking me to bake cranberry bread lately. However, I haven't had time to bake bread and have been buying commercial ones for her. Finally, I found some time to bake yesterday as I was home to meet the new Chinese tutor.

I could not decide which recipe to use, it was a tussle between two recipes which I had tried previously: yogurt bread or brioche? As I did not have any "whole milk" (I forgot I could have used Nestle cream!) I went with the yogurt bread recipe. I followed the recipe exactly as posted on sweet-tooth's fiood haven:

Cranberry Yogurt Bread

Ingredients
100g yogurt
60g fresh milk
25g egg
250g bread flour
20g sugar
3g salt
2.5g dry yeast
30g butter
70g dried cranberries (optional)

Method
1. Put all the ingredients except butter into bread machine according to the order recommended in the instructions manual.
2. Select Dough cycle and allow dough to be kneaded. After 10 minutes, stop the machine and add in the butter.
3. Start Dough cycle again, add cranberries when butter is fully mixed.
4. Remove dough at the end of Dough cycle.
5. Divide dough into 3 portions, punch out air and roll into swiss roll. Repeat for remaining 2 pieces of dough.
6. Place the dough in a lightly greased pan and proof again till it reaches 80% of the pan.
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180°C for 30 to 35 minutes.8. Unmould the bread immediately and let it cool completely before slicing.

This is a trust-worthy recipe always yielding ultra soft bread. Somehow, I like it better as "mini buns" (like my two earlier attempts) instead of a loaf. Since this is a request from my girl, I baked a loaf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love yogurt breads! Your looks lovely! It rose so well!

I baked a yogurt cake a while ago and took some pics, but I've been putting off posting it on my blog. I'll do it sometime soon. It is slightly different than yours. I'll try your version too! Sounds yummy!

Yuri said...

thanks for dropping by Farida. I had better results baking bread with yogurt than cakes. Are yogurt cakes more dense (than butter cake)?

Hope to see your yogurt cake post soon :)