Sunday, January 27, 2008

KB...Challenge Indeed.


This is the toughest challenge yet. Kuey Bangkit, I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't expect it to be this tough.

Frying the tapioca flour was about the easiest part of this. I fried the flour a few days ago, and got down to baking it only this afternoon. Mom told me that the flour/dough would "slide" and I didn't understand her. But after mixing the flour into the egg+coconut mixture, I thought the dough was really really dry. Perhaps I was too kiasu and added too much flour, afterall the recipe called for 400 g of flour! I had to call mom to check. She thought it sounded dry and suggested that I add one more egg yolk. I had, by then, used the entire packet of coconut cream. Guess it's not to be, even though they look like the real KB, other than the strong coconut fragrance, they are not sweet enough. I had reminded myself NOT to reduce any sugar and added 5 extra gram of sugar. They aren't melt in your mouth either, I'm so sad.

No comments: