Thursday, December 6, 2007

Chocolate & Yogurt Cake



Another fairly easy recipe to follow, but as the saying goes, what appears easiest may well be toughest to do! Recipe was really simple and I got it from Evan's Kitchen Ramblings, which you should visit if you haven't already done so. It features great bakes and the site itself is really really cool. It was one of the blogs that inspired this blog!

The instruction was to mix all the ingredients for 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Immediately I recognised the texture, it was somewhat similar to the Cocoa Fudge Cookies! I stole a quick shot of the mixture, you can see that the mixing bowl is fairly clean. The mixture was sticky, that's why. I reduced sugar from the original recipe, and since I had limited yogurt left, that was reduced too. I managed to bake (half) a loaf and 24 mini cupcakes. However, the cupcakes were a little hard, and without the frosting, was a little bland. I could have over-mixed the ingredients.

While they were baking, the aroma of chocolate filled the kitchen! I would need to find more people to sample or just consume the bakes as those at home are fast getting tired of eating my bakes! How to improve when nobody eats them? Besides, when the bakes turn out less than ideal, who can one feed them to? Any takers?

No comments: