Friday, May 16, 2008

Another Pie


I noticed that whenever I'm baking something, eg, bread, chiffon cakes or pies, I'll keep baking the same thing, but either in a different flavour or with another ingredient.

After baking that Chocolate Cherry Pie for E, I automatically selected to bake this pie for K, who will be celebrating her birthday on 19 May. I was delighted to be invited to a surprise birthday party in her honour. Unfortunately, I had to miss the youngster's party due to family commitments. To make up for it, I baked this for her. Well, I do have to keep my online shopping buddy happy so I will still be invited to future shopping sprees... Thanks S for helping to pick this up for her as well.

I have also been toying with a very lazy idea of using ready-made crusts. So, I picked up 2 ready crusts and shamelessly used one for this Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. Sorry K and party that I chose this shortcut :P

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients for Filling
150g Pumpkin
100g Milk
50g Whipping Cream (I used Nestle Pouring Cream)
70g Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Corn Flour
½ tbsp Flour 60g Dark Chocolate, melted*

Method
1. Steam the pumpkin until soft. Set aside to cool and mash it.
2. Mix milk, whipping cream, sugar and egg until well blended. Add in the melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
3. Add in corn flour and flour, blend until even mixed. Sieve the mixture, then mix it with the mashed pumpkin until well incorporated.
4. Pour the filling onto the half baked pastry and bake at 190 deg C for 30 minutes, or until the filling is set. Decorate with shaved white chocolate.

*Melted chocolate can be omitted. Add in ½ tsp of ground cinnamon to make traditional pumkin pie.
Recipe is also from Alex Goh's Temption of Chocolate.

No comments: