Thursday, April 10, 2008

Butter Marble Cake

Hmm, I can still smell the aroma of the cake while it is cooling on the rack. I have some baking chocolate due to expire at the end of April so I had to bake something chocolate. I looked around and finally decided on the butter marble cake which Gina shared in the last baking class.

I am so proud of this result, it's been quite a while since I last baked a loaf. The aroma during baking was simply heavenly. I wonder if it's the butter (I used Anchor salted butter), the taste was not "buttery". But it's still quite tasty, overall. I'm happy with the result.

I was surprised that I still had the energy to bake after attending a full-day's course. Must be magic...

7 comments:

Rei said...

Hey hey Yuri, looking good! :)

Yuri said...

Thanks rei, really needed that little success. Made a dough and it's in the chiller now. Looking forward to playing with it tonight lol

KWF said...

yuri, you've got a nice marble effect. I haven't got a successful marble cake yet. The last time I bake one, it turn out not really marble. I'm not a fan of butter cake, so till now still haven't try another.

Yuri said...

hey wf, this was done by fluke too! Next time, try putting alternate spoons of chocolate then plain batter, side by side. that should work too, i saw that from some books. too lazy to try last night :P

KWF said...

I did another version, cannot resists temptation after seeing yours and rei's. Luckily it turned out ok this time round. :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Yuri,

Your cakes looks delicious, I have been looking for the Queen Cake recipe that we used to learn from Home Ecom. Can you post it in your blog?

Thank you

Yuri said...

kwf, I saw your yogurt marble cake, marble effect was superb! Well done.

Anonymous, are u who I think u are? Finally gonna bake again? I haven't (or can't remember at the moment) any recipes for queen cakes. But i suspect it's any simple butter cake recipe made into cupcakes with raisins.