Sunday, April 20, 2008

Learning...

Sorry, haven't been baking much lately. Initially, it was due to the large amount of stock from previous bakes still in the fridge. I handled everything over to mom this morning for her to savour. She is the best, she takes everything without complaints.

As I had to go for chiffon cake class today with Gina, I didn't bake anything. However, due to some silly mistake of mine, I was 1.5 hours late! Gosh! I had overlooked the timing of this class, and presumed it was the same as the previous class. Anyway, Gina tasked me to beat the egg white for the Green Tea sponge cake, and I believe I did a rather good job *pat on own back*. Sadly, the photo didn't turn out sharp so I cannot post it here. However, with this small success, I am itching to bake again! Perhaps tomorrow...

I was at Popular bookshop the other day, and came across a *book on bread making that comes with a VCD. I thought it would be a good idea to watch someone knead the dough. So I paid SGD30 for the set. The VCD is informational but the narration was quite monotonous. But it serves its purpose, I realised where I had gone wrong, or rather could have gone so wrong. I must thank God for all the successful breads and buns in the past few weeks. I probably should look for some reputable teachers to learn from ...

*Photo and title would be up soon

No comments: